Lynn offers several services to:
- Guide you step by step to do it yourself
- Help with creating a research plan
- Do all of the research and give you a written report – Basic research includes making a pedigree chart with information about ancestors lives.
- Solve advanced research problems or brick walls
- Look up information at the Augusta County, Virginia Courthouse or local libraries
- Organize your boxes of family papers and put information into a family chart.
- Design a family history book for your ancestors (see Family Book page)
What does it cost?
The initial consultation to assess your situation is free. Lynn’s hourly rate for research services is $36 per hour, conducted in 2 hour segments. Extra expenses apply for photo copies, postage, mileage or parking fees.
The rate for look up charges and organizing family papers is $20 per hour.
Designing Family history books starts at $300 and depends on the number of photos and length of the text. Call for a free estimate to let me know what you have.
What do you get?
A written report will be given after each segment of research with copies of documents and sources. Reports include a summary of findings, research notes, evidence analysis when needed and suggestions for future work if applicable.